What’s Needed

Here is a handy list of the most frequently required documents for the most common types of loans.


Some loan products require additional information, some loans require even less. Your Prostaff Mortgage advisor will be with you every step of the way. After all, our reputation for getting the best loan at the best rate with the least hassle is why we are so often recommended.


  • The names, addresses and phone numbers of your employer(s) for the last two consecutive years (The dates of employment and gross monthly income included)
  • W-2s for the last two years and pay stub(s) for the last 30 days
  • Signed federal tax returns for the last two reporting years (personal for everyone and business if you are self employed, with signatures, photocopies are OK, and include all schedules)
  • Supporting documentation for any other income (i.e., Social Security, pension, dividends, or alimony)


    Your  bank statements (all pages), for the last 2 months only, for the following (include current names, addresses, account numbers, and balances):

  • Checking and savings accounts
  • Credit Unions
  • Security Accounts (stocks, bonds, life insurance, IRAs, 401(k)s, etc.)
  • Liabilities

    If applicable, any documents related to the following (with letter explaining circumstances):

  • Judgments. Provide copy of release/satisfaction
  • Bankruptcy. Provide copies of:
  • o Petition for Bankruptcy (debtors petition)

    o Schedule of Bankruptcy (list of creditors)

    o Discharge of Bankruptcy

    o Other delinquent credits of record


    Schedule of real estate owned, name of lender, account number, original purchase price, principal balance, monthly payment, copies of rental agreement (leases only), type of property, etc.


  • Copy of your driver’s license
  • Addresses of residences for the last two years
  • A copy of your diploma or transcripts. If you were a full-time student at any time in the past two years
  • Social Security Number
  • Copy of Divorce Decree (if applicable)
  • If you are a resident alien, evidence of permanent residency issued by INS (a.k.a. green card) Depending upon the product and program for which you are applying, additional information may be required.

    Veterans applying for a VA Loan

  • Copy of your DD214.
  • Certificate of Eligibility if you have it available. If you do not we can help you get it.

    Apply with our Secure Site